Sunday, April 5, 2009

Puppy Mills

I haven't really thought about animal rights issues for a while. Actually thats not true at all. I just don't equate other animal's suffering to "Animal Rights." It's been said before and I'm going to say it again. “No one is free from suffering unless all sentient beings are free from suffering.” I recently decided that I wanted to make work about puppy mills, pet owner-ship and futile efforts of animal shelters. I typed "puppy mills" into Google and a picture of barrels of dead cats and dogs came up. There are few things that I think would top the amount of selfishness that comes with purchasing pets let alone from pet stores.

This is not a thorough investigation of my thoughts on pets and their relationships to humans, so if you have questions or concerns, please contact me in another way besides a comment.

No comments: