Sunday, June 14, 2009

Not Doin Much in Khon Kaen

The last few days, or I guess week have been pretty nice. Though I haven't done a whole lot. The fist few days after Luke left I was sick. I'm nut sure what it was from, but I pretty much just laid in bed for two days drank water and took medicine. Then I had some stomach problems from all th spicy, though I didn't let that stop me. I went downtown one day by myself and walked forever in the heat. Then the teahouse was closed. I went downtown the next day with Mook and the next day with Lynd. Apparently they never go, they just stay on campus. Not that its an amazing downtown, but its nice to walk aound. I went in the temple next to the tea house with Lynd and we got a tour from three hilarious little kids. I guess one wanted be to marry her or something. I went dancing again. I think I am a terrible dancer. But whatever. I have started to understand more Thai, though I don't speak it as much as I probably should. I do get compliments when I speak the language. Last night a bunch of us went to the vegetarian place together. That was pretty cool, since they all eat meat. Tonight I am taking an overnight bus to Bangkok and then early Wednesday morning I fly to India and meet up with Justine. It will be weird to be in Bangkok by myself but whatever. I have the name of a cool teashop/handmade soap and medicine place to go to. Oddly enough it feels weird to be leaving Khon Kaen. I haven't figured out why yet. I've only been here for a little over ten days.

Sorry I don't have any pictures to share with you. I only have my film camera right now.

One thing that I really like about being here is how all the kids cook together almost every other night. Apparently none of them knew how to cook before they got to school, but the food they make is amazing. Well, the little that I could eat. Everyone shares everything and dinners last hours.

I also got to ride on the back of a motorbike a few times here. Its soooo much fun. Driving a motorbike here is like being a bike messenger. You can imagine why I liked it.

I think I will update once more before I am in India.

No comments: