Monday, August 17, 2009

God Didn't Save Your Life, You Did

Religion is fine and all. They are the result of some of the world's most compelling stories. It has allowed huge populations of people to survive through incredibly large periods oppression, not to mention the communities it tends to build.

I will however, never place any faith in something I have no proof of existing. God or whoever else doesn't know what's best for me nor do they control my life. I make my choices, just as those I interact with make choices for themselves.

Nor do I believe that everything happens for a reason or that there is some thing called fate. If that was the case, a lot of fucked up things have happened to a lot of people who have ended up with terrible fates. Or even still, an existence that doesn't even seem to do the word fate justice.

I recently have been around someone (though just for a few hours) that said she placed her life in the hands of God and Jesus is her savior. I could barely keep myself from telling her what a load of rubbish that was. To make it worse I read an article about how some girl had to jump out of a car before it rolled over a cliff. Her mother then commented that God was watching them and I thought "watching maybe, be he didn't do a damn thing." That girl was just smart enough to save her own life.

Sometimes I think getting a huge cross tattooed on my forehead wouldn't be enough to show my distaste for religion. But to each their own I guess. I will certainly not tell someone to not believe in a higher power. Just think it's foolish.


At any rate I want to see this movie along with Harry Potter when I get back.



Apparently its a little bit more than just a movie about aliens. And shit Peter Jackson has lost a lot of weight. He doesn't look at all like the same person any more.

Remember that time I was in Thailand and I told you nothing about what I was doing?

Also look at my tight ass jeans! I haven't had anything this tight on since I left the states. I can't wait to squeeze back into some.

1 comment:

Luke said...

god is so high right now