Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Can't Wait for Summer

I finally caught whatever nasty shit was going around. I was hoping it wouldn't happen, but when half your house and half your co-workers are sick, it's not an easy thing to escape. It's cool though. I turned off my space heater and did myself a solid by staying in and resting. I just wish it didn't have to happen on some of the nicest days of spring.

All this warm weather and longer day light is getting me so excited for summer. Long bike rides that last far into the night and end up who knows where. Fires in a barrel and maybe a wild boar roasting over it. Hours on the back porch watching the sun set (or rise) bullshitting with friends. Wearing as little clothes as possible and watching other people do the same. These are some of the things that I look forward to the most. I have this iconic image in my head of this summer. It seems to have been taken with a Holga with Kodak 160nc film. I'm out of the saddle with no helmet leisurely climbing a hill and the whole scene is washed out with a sun flare. Let's see if I can make that happen.

I have two rolls of film that I need to drop off. Hopefully soon. In the mean time:

No comments: